DNA methylation refers to the process by which methyl groups on S-adenosylmethionine (SAM) are added to the bases of DNA molecules under the catalysis of methyltransferases. The covalent bond between the 5th carbon atom of cytosine and the methyl group is a common form of methylation, and cytosine is modified to 5-methylcytosine (5mC). DNA methylation is tissue-specific, dynamic, sequence context-dependent, and inherited across generations, and it is one of the most studied epigenetic modifications. Explore the significance of epigenetic research by studying the correlation of DNA methylation with tumors, neurodegenerative diseases, and autoimmune diseases, as well as processes such as embryonic development, genetic imprinting, and X chromosome inactivation.
Whole Genome Bisulfite Sequencing (WGBS) is regarded as the "gold standard" for DNA methylation research, combining bisulfite (Bisulfite) processing and high-throughput sequencing technology to achieve genome-wide scope The methylation analysis of a single C base is suitable for the construction of a genome-wide fine methylation map.
Methods for genome-wide DNA methylation analysis.
Applications of WGBS
- Methylation Biomarker Screening in Large Clinical Samples
- Developmental methylation profiling in model organisms
- Research on the mechanism of disease and tumor regulation
- Genetics and Breeding (Animal) Methylation Studies
- Methylation study of ginseng-free genome species
Our WGBS Services
Our WGBS mainly converts unmethylated cytosine into uracil through bisulfite (Bisulfite), and then combines the Illumina high-throughput sequencing platform to measure the methylation level of cytosine in the whole genome. Perform assays to accurately analyze the methylation status of each cytosine, so as to construct a highly accurate genome-wide methylation map to help you explore the important mechanism of cytosine methylation in human diseases, cell growth and development.
The Workflow of WGBS
- Complete platform: one-stop excellent service from sample processing, library construction, sequencing to bioinformatics analysis
- High accuracy: mature methylation conversion processing technology, accurate analysis of the methylation state of a single C base
- Broad coverage: Methylation locus detection at the genome-wide level
- Good repeatability: stable processing, suitable for comparative analysis among multiple samples
- Customized Association Analysis: Exploring Correlations Between Methylation and Gene Expression
Requirements for Samples
||Fresh tissue≥5 mg, immediately freeze in liquid nitrogen for half an hour. Store at -80°C and ship on dry ice.
||DNA is dissolved in TE buffer, the total amount is≥300ng, the concentration is 20-100 ng/μL., and the volume is≥10 μL.
||The total amount of plasma/serum≥2.5 mL, anticoagulation tube: sodium citrate tube or EDTA tube, heparin anticoagulation tube is not recommended. Store at -80°C and ship on dry ice. Total blood≥7.5 mL, anticoagulation tube: sodium citrate tube or EDTA tube, heparin anticoagulation tube is not recommended. Store at -80°C and ship on dry ice.
|Paraffin embedded sample
||Provide 10 tissue sections (area > 10 mm × 10 mm, thickness about 5-10 μm). FFPE slices are shipped at room temperature.
Delivery Specifications for WGBS
- Analysis of different methylation patterns
- The distribution of methylation sites on the genome
- GO enrichment analysis of genes related to differentially methylated regions
- KEGG pathway analysis of genes related to differentially methylated regions
You can customize the methylation-specific PCR service by phone or email, and our colleagues will reply your inquiry within three working days.
- Yong WS, et al. Profiling genome-wide DNA methylation. Epigenetics Chromatin. 2016,9:26.