Methylation-specific polymerase chain reaction (MSP) is a technique that has facilitated the detection of promoter hypermethylation at CpG islands in cell lines and clinical samples, including fresh/frozen tissues. The ability of MSP to differentiate methylated from unmethylated cytosine is dependent upon sodium bisulfite treatment of DNA which retains the methylation marks of cytosines together with the specific amplification of this modified DNA using primer sets complimentary only to the formerly methylated or unmethylated alleles. Methylation-specific PCR is one of the most commonly used methods for gene/sequence-specific detection of DNA methylation, which is especially useful for understanding the role DNA methylation plays in the regulation of gene expression, tumorigenesis, and other genetic and epigenetic diseases.
Fig.1 Methylation-Specific PCR
As a supplier dedicated to the production and research of PCR products, the research team of Creative Biogene has professional basic knowledge in the field of DNA methylation. Creative Biogene can provide you with efficient methylation specific PCR (MSP) service that specifically detects the methylation in certain genes of cells. Moreover, Creative Biogene can provide comprehensive upstream and downstream services of methylation-specific PCR.
The Workflow of Methylation-Specific PCR
- Multiple sample types acceptance: we currently accept DNA, cell, tissue and paraffin-embedded samples for our MSP service. Sample sources include human, animals, plants and microorganisms.
- Strict quality control: we have strict quality control for each step of MSP experiment to ensure that customers receive quality data.
- One-stop service: you only need to provide samples. We provide comprehensive service from sample preparation to data analysis.
- Wide range of application: it can detect the methylation of specific sites.
- High accuracy: it can accurately detect the degree percentage of methylation.
Requirements for Samples
|≥ 2 μg, stored in a low-temperature refrigerator at -20 ℃ or -80 ℃
|volume ≥ 20 μL, concentration ≥ 100ng / μL, total DNA ≥ 2μg, stored at -20 ℃
|volume ≥ 2 mL, stored in anticoagulant tube or cryopreservation tube
|Paraffin embedded sample
|Provide 10 tissue sections (area > 10 mm × 10 mm, thickness about 5-10 μm)
Delivery Specifications for Methylation-Specific PCR Service
- The percentage methylation values of each CpG site in a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet
- The raw pyrograms in a PDF document
- PCR data analysis
You can customize the methylation-specific PCR service by phone or email, and our colleagues will reply your inquiry within three working days.